Raw chocolate brownie balls are my go to for a healthy treat. They have a lovely cake-like texture and are super chocolatey. However, their nutritional value is far superior to your average chocolate cake with walnuts as a base. Walnuts are loaded with monounsaturated fats and essential fatty acids and nuts have been proven to be great for heart health if consumed regularly. I used raw cacao in this recipe which is known for its antioxidant properties. Dates are part of the base so there are some natural sugars in the balls. Therefore, they should be considered a treat.
Raw Chocolate Brownie Balls
- 1 cup Walnuts (or pecans)
- 1 cup Pitted dates
- 5 tablespoons Cacoa
- 4 tablespoons Shredded coconut plus extra for coating
- 1 tablespoon Honey - only if absolutely necessary!
- Place walnuts in a high speed blender and whizz until they have a crumb like consistency.
- Add dates, and whizz again until you have a sticky crumb.
- Add coconut and cacao and whizz again until well blended and mixture comes together when formed into a ball.
- If the mixture is a little dry (I find this happens if the dates are a little bit mature), add a little honey at a time until the mixture sticks together.
- Form into small balls and roll in coconut.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or eat straight away!